ABOUT ME

My photo
Chicago area, Illinois, United States
I'm a self taught Mixed Media Artist, I Love to take various art classes. I enjoy being with my friends and family. I'm retired and loving every minute of it

Monday, September 12, 2011

I WAS PUBLISHED!

Issue # 285
September 12, 2011
Highlights of this issue:

Quotation of the Week


All journeys have secret destinations
of which the traveler is unaware.

--- Martin Buber



Soul Friends
The Voice of a Different Kindred Spirit Each Week
Kindred Spirits MemberHarriet ReeseAurora, Illinois

After my husband passed away, I was searching for a new meaning to life.

I accidently came across Seena's book and I knew "SoulCollage" was for me.

It was a perfect way to incorporate my love of collage and my need to find my life purpose.

Little did I know, it would also help with my grieving (see below).

After making my first card, I knew I was hooked! I was in total awe of the process and how it made me connect to my sub-conscious and how it made me aware of deep rooted issues and feelings. Often, I would look at my finished card and wonder where it came from. ME OF COURSE!

SoulCollage® has been in my life for eight years and I intend to continue using it forever. I have participated in a few gatherings and I've shared the process with many of my friends.

I love searching for images. My collection has grown by leaps and bounds and I know it will keep on growing. I'm sure every image I have cut out has a message not yet understood or discovered.

My best advice for anyone just starting out is to LET GO AND LET GOD! Quiet your inner critic and trust yourself.

Here are 2 of my SoulCollage® cards:





MOURNER


I am the one who needs to mourn.
I am the one who needs to break down.
I am the one who needs to show the world I CAN cry.
I am the one who needs to say good-bye.












SEEKER

I am the one always searching for the truth.
I am the one who needs to explore.
I am the one who needs to know.
I am the one who needs answers.
I am the one who is forever on a quest for the hidden.





1 comment:

Sandy said...

congrats!