ABOUT ME

My photo
Chicago area, Illinois, United States
I'm a self taught Mixed Media Artist, I Love to take various art classes. I enjoy being with my friends and family. I'm retired and loving every minute of it

Saturday, January 19, 2008

TIME TO NEST


The weather is nasty cold and if I can help it, I won't go out.

I HATE WINTER! Hate is a strong word to use, but I emphatically mean it.

One bonus, the sun is shining today. YEAH. Homemade chicken soup weather....

Anyway, I did venture out last night and met Sandy, Cindy and Belinda for a birthday dinner. A belated gathering for Belinda. Went to Carrabbas. Love their food! Shari was missing. This winter weather keeps all of us apart.
I guess I need my fix of art friends more often. They really motivate me with their enthusiasm.

Since I haven't been doing any paper art lately, Sandy challenged me to make something that appealed to me from Somerset Magazine. I did deviate and ended up with a combined collage and beading project. I made it into a birthday card for Belinda. The photo is above.
I probably need to veer away from beading and start doing other art projects. Actually, I'm not feeling anything else right now. Working with
beads, yarn and fabric comforts me the most at the moment.

No comments: