ABOUT ME

My photo
Chicago area, Illinois, United States
I'm a self taught Mixed Media Artist, I Love to take various art classes. I enjoy being with my friends and family. I'm retired and loving every minute of it

Sunday, June 17, 2007

EARTH MOTHER I'M NOT


I'm trying so hard to be good to my flowers and plants. It's been so hot and dry, they need to be watered daily. I forgot one day and they all looked dead. I managed to revive most of them. I hope my little garden will be maintained for the duration of the summer.
I won't neglect them again.
So, now I'm into fabrics and art quilts . The picture is of a 4X6 I just did to experiment with my sewing machine, which I haven't used in ages. It's a pitty. There are so many neat stitches to play with. Part of this card is machine stitched and part hand embroidered. The woman is a collage I did on a formica sample. I believe this piece is really MIXED MEDIA.
I have designed an African watercolor quilt. It's all pinned and in place. After I fuse each 2"square onto the backing, I'm going to machine stitch it with decorative stitches. I had fun planning it. Hopefully, I'll finish it before I go on to the next project.
I've been feeling a little restless and unfocused again. I want to create a million things. My head is full of ideas, but I know I'll be better off doing one thing at a time. The story of my life!
(ha ha)

No comments: